Installation of Water Tanks:
- Water Tanks should NOT be installed on:
(i) Rocky and Uneven Surfaces
(ii) Block and Metal Frames.
- Best installation practice is to place your tank on a flat, smooth and even surface.
- Outlet should be well supported to avoid the risk of leakage and damage to the water tank at outlet.
NOTE: These Water Tanks are not designed to be installed as underground Water Tanks.
For aboveground Water Tanks to be installed as underground, the following instructions should be followed:
- All aboveground water tanks must be installed on a flat concrete base and protected by a retaining wall (up to the height of the water level) to avoid any lateral external pressure.
- No external load should be applied to the water tanks.
- Inlet and outlet pipes should be adequately supported to avoid strain on the water tanks.
Your tank should be installed by a qualified plumber in accordance with regulations, ensuring piping and fittings are correctly done to avoid any non compliance to installation guidelines.
Water Level Indicator
Our water level indicator facilitates the monitoring of water level without hassle.
- Quick and easy to install, seals directly to the tank – DIY product
- Maintenance free – no batteries or wiring required
- Suitable for existing and new tanks up to 3.0 metres high
- Easy to read dial face with ‘Empty’ and ‘Full’ indicators
- Requires a standard 32mm hole saw
- UV resistant
- Utilises a reliable float system
Before installing your level indicator, it is important to calibrate it for use (adjust the indicator as per tank height).
- Carefully remove the front clear face from the level indicator to enable access to the moveable Empty and Full indicators.
- Select an installation site on your tank for the level indicator and mark it. It is preferable that it is a flat area and that once installed, will allow you to view the water level indicator face easily.
- Whilst maintaining the same height and keeping the weight outside of the tank, extend the weight so it is level with the bottom of your tank. Move the red Empty indicator to where the water level indicator is pointing.
- Lift the weight so it is level with the overflow on your tank and move the green Full indicator to where the water level indicator is pointing.
- Water level indicator is now calibrated. Replace the front clear face.
- Drill a 32mm hole into your tank at the previously marked installation site.
- Lower the weight through this hole and sit the level indicator on your tank.
- Using the supplied screws secure the level indicator to your tank.
- Your water level indicator is now installed and ready for use.
Depending on the quality of your water source, a Water Tank should be cleaned on a regular basis. External debris can either float on the top of the Water Tank or form sediment (mud and dirt) at the bottom of the Water Tank. It is recommended to clean your Water Tank twice a year.
Contact our technical team for a quotation.
Note: Duraco Water Tanks are equipped with a wash out for easy maintenance.
The Warranty to your Duraco Water Tank is valid for Twelve years. It is applicable as follows:
- First 4 years– Free replacement or free repair whichever may be necessary
- 5 to 6 years– 85% discount off the current retail price of the Water Tank or free repair, whichever may be necessary
- 6 to 8 years– 70% discount off the current retail price of the Water Tank or free repair, whichever may be necessary
- 8 to 10 years – 55% discount off the current retail price of the Water Tank or free repair, whichever may be necessary
- 10 to 12 years – 40% discount off the current retail price of the Water Tank or free repair,
whichever may be necessary
The company’s obligations under this warranty is limited to repair or replacement of the water
tank, at the option of the company.
- Accidental damage, acts of god, failure due to misuse, incorrect installation, attempts to repair the water tank other than by DURACO Ltée accredited service agent
- The warranty only applies to the water tank and does not cover any plumbing, or fittings supplied by the company such as float valve, outlet fittings, foot valve in case of underground tanks and lid
- Any leakage at outlet/inlet resulting from wrong plumbing installation
- Subject to any statutory provisions to the contrary, claims for damage to furniture, carpets, foundations or any other consequential loss either directly or indirectly due to leakage from the water tanks
- The warranty does not apply to tanks which have been used for storage of chemicals
- Where the water tank is not installed according to the instruction above
What are Duraco tanks made from?
Duraco water tanks are manufactured using high quality UV-stabilised food-grade polyethylene.
Are Duraco tanks manufactured in Mauritius?
Our Water tanks are manufactured in Mauritius
Why should I purchase a Duraco tank?
- The leading polyethylene water tank manufacturer since 1991
- Wide variety of traditional and modern tank designs and sizes
- 12 Years of warranty
- Certified MS 179.2012
- Certified ISO9001
- Available at more than 150 retailers’ shops around the island
How to choose the appropriate water tank?
Make use of our Tank calculator (link) to select the appropriate water tank
Do you provide warranty on your tanks?
All Duraco tanks are covered by a warranty period of up to 12 years
What is the difference between horizontal and cylindrical (vertical) water tank?
The difference is only in the design and shape.
What is the maximum capacity of water tank that can be fixed on a roof?
The capacity of water tank to be installed on the roof will depend on the strength and structure of your roof. It is highly recommended to check with your engineer before installing a tank of capacity above 1,000 litres on your roof.
What is the difference between a polyethylene water tank and a fibre glass water tank?
Compared to a fibre glass water tank, Polyethylene water tanks have the following advantages:
- Polyethylene water tanks are not brittle.
- Production is controlled by an automated process, where quality control is ensured with least human intervention.
- Polyethylene water tanks are more affordable than fibre glass tanks.
- Easily transportable.
- Polyethylene water tanks are equipped with a screwed lid.
- No odour or taste imparts from polyethylene.
Does the colour of a tank have any significance?
No, it serves only for aesthetic purposes. Note that colour does not have any impact on life expectancy and UV resistance.
Will the water be warmer inside a coloured tank?
Yes, if exposed to direct sunlight, water inside a coloured tank will tend to be warmer than inside a white tank.
Can I request for a water tank to be produced in another colour?
Yes, it is possible depending on the availability of the raw material.
Can I store chemical products in our tanks?
No, our water tanks are for water only. For chemical products, we do manufacture special tanks. Contact us for more information.
What accessories come with Duraco tanks?
- Screwed lid
- Float valve
- Air vent (also acts as overflow)
- Clamp bolts
- Optional: Level indicator, additional outlet
Do I need a plumber to install my Duraco tank?
We recommend the services of a qualified plumber to install your tank. More information on installation is available in ‘Expert Corner’ section
Do Duraco team provide cleaning services?
Yes, contact our team for a quotation.
My tank is damaged can it be repaired?
The reparation is dependent on the nature of the damage. Contact our after-sales service department for assistance.